28th August 2020
The Malaysia government has announced the extension of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) until 31st December 2020.
4th September 2020
Entry restrictions to Malaysia for foreign travellers is imposed. Those no longer allowed entry into Malaysia until further notice include:
- Permanent Residents of Malaysia;
- Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H);
- All expatriates – Employment Pass (Category I, II and III), Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T), Professional Visit Pass (expert category) and Dependent Pass;
- Residence Pass;
- Spouse/Children to a Malaysian citizen with Long Term Visit Pass (Social)
- Student Pass; and
- Visit Pass (Temporary employment)
This applies to 23 countries:
- United States of America
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
Anyone holding a valid pass issued by the Malaysia Immigration Department with family residing in West Malaysia, Sarawak and Labuan is allowed to visit Sabah for leisure and will not be subject to undertaking a personal COVID-19 Swab Test or undergo quarantine. Visitors will be required to fill up a Health Declaration form and abide by the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) set by the Health Department of Sabah.
29th September 2020
To date, Sabah has recorded 1,842 positive COVID-19 cases with 823 recovered and 12 deaths.
Most hotels, tourist attractions and businesses have since resumed operations for example, islands under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks; Manukan, Sapi and Mamutik allows 250 visitors per island per day and 143 climbers for Mt Kinabalu are allowed per day. Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center and the Sabah State Museum have also reopened. We look forward to welcoming you to Sabah.
As for events, the maximum capacity is for 250 people relative to the size of the venue and must adhere to the basic SOP of sanitizing, temperature checks, registration and wearing a face mask.
Kindly refer to the circular from the Sabah State Secretary in regards to the Temporary (Additional) Prohibition Order.
- Kenyataan Media YAB Ketua Menteri – Kapasiti Majlis, 3 Julai 2020
- Kenyataan Media YAB Ketua Menteri, 1 Julai 2020
Read our updated Sabah Advisory here.