“Mindset change” is one of the key elements of the EcoCampus transformation plan, practiced by Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), a renowned local university situated in Kota Kinabalu, This EcoCampus tour starts with Gallery and Museum tour which gives insights about history, innovation, wildlife expedition and an even closer understanding about human anatomy at their very own Medical Museum. Each of the campus building’s architectural design has a story to tell. Nature lovers, will certainly enjoy a great walk around the lush green campus exploring its gardens, orchard, lake and hill! Take a fitness challenge and hike to the highest peak of UMS hill or explore deeper in search of their natural waterfalls for an extra thrilling experience. The Nature Educational Camp offered is filled with exciting activities that can be tailor made such as a nature trail hike, camping or even night frogging. However, prior arrangement is required. At the end of the day, nothing beats being rewarded with a sunset view over the South China Seas at one of the best locations in the city. Whether you are on the peak or down at their beach side of this EcoCampus, the view is equally amazing and perfect for photo opportunities.
*Advanced booking is recommended
Mon-Friday : 9.00am-4.00pm
Sat, Sun & Public Holiday : Closed
UMS is located about 3 kilometers away from the city center (approximately 10 – 15 minutes drive away). Buses are available daily at the bus station in front of Hotel Shangri-La Downtown or you may hire a taxi from city centre
(1) Gallery and Museum Tour - RM 85 (adults) / RM 27 (child) per pax (3~4 hours);
(2) Nature Delight Tour - RM 159 (adult) / RM 53 (child) per pax (4~5 hours);
(3) Architecture Heritage Tour - RM 53 (adult) / RM 16 (child) per pax (2~3 hours);
(4) Sunset Tour - RM 85 (adult) / RM 27 (child) per pax (2~3 hours);
(5) Nature Education Camp - (the charges depend on camp duration and specificity - tailor-made).
For children aged below 13 ; an in-house interpreter is provided for each package; the duration for each package includes travelling time; Meals and drinks are not included.]
In support of UMS EcoCampus branding (UMS - 2015 UI-Greenmetric World University Ranking - 173th Greenest University Campus in the world), Carbon Credit Fees are chargeable for incoming visitor’s vehicle at minimal charges as per below:
(1) Motorcycles - RM 2.00 each;
(2) Cars (below 1,000 cc) - RM 3.00 each;
(3) Cars (below 1,200 cc) - RM 4.00 each;
(4) Cars (below 1,500 cc) - RM 5.00 each;
(5) Cars (above 1,500 cc) - RM 6.00 each;
(6) 10-12 seater Vans - RM 8.00 each;
(7) 22-seater/24-seater Coaches - RM 10.00 each;
(8) 44-seater Coaches - RM 20.00 each.
[Note: Environmental friendly buggies will be available soon for visitors and chargeable at RM 5.00 per seat.]
If you are a registered Tour & Travel Agent based in Sabah & are promoting this destination, let us know by filling up our Directory Form .