The Rainforest Discovery Centre (RDC) is the gateway to getting to know the uniqueness and importance of Borneo’s rainforests.
Situated 23 kilometres from Sandakan Town and not too far from the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre, the RDC’s main highlights are its exhibition halls, the Plant Discovery Garden, the Kapili-Sepilok Forest Reserve, environmental education programmes and a small lake for boat rides.
The RDC also gives visitors a chance to get intimate with nature through its Nature Experience programme which includes a guided walk to the Plant Discovery Garden, Rainforest Walk and indoor/outdoor activities.
As of 2009, RDC has also become the official venue for the annual Borneo Bird Festival which attracts the participation of birding enthusiasts from all over the world.
The centre is open 7 days a week, including public holidays, from 8.00am-5.00pm
The RDC is reachable by bus and taxi. From the Sandakan town centre bus station take bus number 14 to the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre, bus fare is RM3 per way. By taxi, the fare is RM35 per taxi per way. The journey will take about 45 minutes.
If you are driving, the RDC is 30 minutes away from the airport.
Malaysians: RM2.00 per child; RM5.00 per adult
Internationals: RM10.00 per adult/child
* All prices are estimated and subject to change
Contact Person: Miss Cecilia
Phone: +60 89 533 780 / 533 781
Fax: +60 89 535 201
- Agnes Keith House
- Batu Tulug
- Gomantong Cave
- Kinabatangan River
- Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary
- Lankayan Island
- Libaran Island
- Sandakan Crocodile Farm
- Sandakan Golf & Country Club
- Sandakan Heritage Trail
- Sandakan Memorial Park
- Sandakan Town
- Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary
- St. Michael's and All Angels Church, Sandakan
- Turtle Island Park
- Balung River Eco Resort, Tawau
- Kawang Forest Centre, Kinarut / Papar
- Kota Kinabalu Wetlands, Kota Kinabalu (Capital City)
- Madai - Baturong Forest Reserve Nature Centre, Lahad Datu
- Maga Waterfall of Long Pasia, Sipitang
- Mesilau, Kundasang
- Rafflesia Information Centre, Tambunan
- Rumbia Information Centre, Kuala Penyu
- Sabah Agriculture Park, Tenom
- Sorinsim Waterfall, Kota Marudu