Kota Kinabalu (Capital City)
One of the most outstanding pieces of architecture in Sabah is none other than the State Mosque. With its majestic dome and stunning gold inlay motifs, the mosque sits a stone's throw away from the city centre. It is a unique combination of prevailing Islamic architecture and contemporary design.
The mosque can accommodate up to 5,000 worshippers at one time. There is also a special balcony exclusively allocated for Muslim women during prayer time, with room for up to 500. Visitors are advised to adhere by the dress code when visiting places of worship. Avoid visiting on Fridays which is the day of prayer for Muslims.
Take a taxi from the city centre for approximately RM10 or self-drive.
General Rules while at the Mosque:
- All tourist are required to enter from the front entrance or the main entrance (not at the back or side door) for safety of their belongings.
- Tourists / Tourist guides must report to the Security Officer/Information Officer prior to entering the mosque. Tourists are NOT allowed to enter the mosque without permission from the officers mentioned above.
- All tourists / tourist guide must be properly dressed ie. no short pants for male.
- For the female, they are required to wear robes and head scarf.
- All shoes must be removed and left on the stair case in front of a security guard.
- Tourists are required to be silence at the mosque.
- Visiting time (subject to change from time to time as to suite the prayer time):
Monday to Thursday : From 08:00am to 12:00noon & From 14:00pm to 17:00pm
Friday : From 14:00pm to 17:00pm
Saturday & Sunday : From 08:00am to 12:00noon & From 14:00pm to 17:00pm
For group briefing : Kindly call the Information Officer at 013-8693148 (Janis Abdullah)
- Aquarium & Marine Museum
- Atkinson Clock Tower
- Borneo Art Gallery
- Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa
- CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
- City Mosque
- Double Six Monument
- Gaya Street (Sunday Market)
- Hakod Oasis Spa
- Handicraft Market
- Jari Jari (Day Spa) for Body & Mind Relaxation
- Jesselton Point Waterfront
- Ka'andaman Traditional Healing Garden
- KDCA Cultural Village
- Kipandi Butterfly Park
- KK Esplanade
- Kota Kinabalu Wetlands
- Layang-Layang Island
- Lok Kawi Wildlife Park
- Mandara Spa, Magellan Sutera
- Mari Mari Cultural Village
- Menara Tun Mustapha (Sabah Foundation Building)
- Monsopiad Cultural Village
- Nexus Golf Resort Karambunai
- North Borneo Railway
- Orchid de Villa
- Outdoor Development Centre (ODEC)
- Petagas War Memorial
- Puh Toh Tze Temple
- Rafflesia Spa - The Balinese Spirit
- Sabah Golf & Country Club
- Sabah State Museum & Heritage Village
- Sabah State Railway
- Sightseeing in Kota Kinabalu
- Signal Hill Observatory Platform
- South Sea Sanctuary Day Spa
- St. Michael's Church Penampang
- Sutera Harbour Golf & Country Club
- Tamu Penampang
- Tanjung Aru Beach
- The Green Connection
- The Waterfront
- Tun Mustapha Gallery
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Park
- Water World Theme Park
- Crafts Exotica - 02 - 27 May 2013
- Sabah International Fishing Tournament - 23 - 26 May 2013
- Harvest Festival Open Regatta 2013 - 25 - 26 May 2013
- Tadau Ka'amatan Harvest Festivals - 30 - 31 May 2013