Assistant MICE Manager
- To handle tasks such as MICE Data collection external & Internal;
- Source, research, qualify and priorities new business leads for MICE using available research tools such as Telephone research, Database research and analysis, e.g. ICCA, UIA Internet and other media;
- Conduct research into key industry sectors with a view to generating MICE leads and potential local hosts for Regional and International MICE;
- Assist to conceptualize, plan, manage and deliver tourism MICE events;
- The ability to facilitate and support MICE groups coming to Sabah in terms of event production, cultural welcome, cultural show and various types of information requests; and
- To implement and organize tourism-related function or events approved by Sabah Tourism Board, and Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Environment Sabah (MTCE).
- Malaysian Citizen;
- Possess a diploma in relevant field from local universities or equivalent qualifications recognized by the government; OR
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent qualifications recognized by the Government;
- Credit in Bahasa Malaysia (including pass in oral test) at SPM level or equivalent;
- At least three (3) years of working experience preferably in the Tourism Industry. Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply;
- Possess excellent leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, a team player and ability to work independently under challenging environment;
- Good command in verbal and written Bahasa Malaysia, English, and Chinese;
- Candidate with strong Research and Analytical skills can be a great advantage;
- Ability to plan, priorities and time manage activities.
Position will be based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Completed Application Form together with all required documents to be returned to Sabah Tourism Board at address as per below:
Sabah Tourism Board
No. 51, Jalan Gaya
88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
(Attention: Corporate Services Unit)
Deadline for submission is on 6 September 2019 (Friday).
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.