COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF 24th November 2021
NATIONAL RECOVERY PLAN – PHASE 4 SOP (SABAH)
Standard Operating Procedures Brief for Tourism
- Inter district movement IS PERMITTED subject to the following conditions:
- The individual has completed vaccination
- Teenagers between the age of 12 and 18 have already received at least 1 dose of vaccination
- Children below the age of 12, must be accompanied by parents who have completed vaccination
- Inter state movement
- The Sabah State Government has announced that inter state movement will be allowed starting 1 st November 2021.
- Traveller must be fully vaccinated.
- Travellers must undergo a COVID-19 RT-PCR or RTK-Ag swab test within 3 days prior to travel**.
** From December 1st 2021, no swab test is required prior to entering the State
Reference: Press Release
- Hotel and accommodation operations are PERMITTED for quarantine, segregation and for essential workers. Guests are required to stay in and food to be ordered via room service.
- For domestic tourism, hotels are PERMITTED to receive guests, complying to SOPs that both guests and hotel staff are fully vaccinated and are Low Risk based on their MySejahtera application. All tour operators and homestay staff must be fully vaccinated and are Low Risk based on their MySejahtera application.
- Children below the age of 12, must be accompanied by parents who have completed vaccination and Teenagers between the age of 12 and 18 have already received at least 1 dose of vaccination.
- Usage of hotel/resort facility such as gym, sauna, jacuzzi and meeting facilities are PERMITTED at 50% capacity. Tourism Places of interest such as zoos, farms, aquariums, edutainment, extreme adventure, fishing and parks are allowed to open. All workers must be fully vaccinated.
- Cruise ships are PERMITTED to operate within a 50% capacity. All workers and visitors must be vaccinated. Night clubs and pubs are NOT PERMITTED to operate.
Data extracted from: https://command.sabah.gov.my/sop