After making your friends envious by posting your travel photos in Sabah, the best way to earn more likes is to let them have a share of your happiness too. Give them some souvenirs from Borneo! Therefore, do not end your perfect trip in Sabah empty-handed or buy some random items at the last minute in the airport.
As the rule of thumb, you want souvenirs that are:
- authentic items that truly represent Sabah
- carrying Sabah elements such as orangutan, native motif and Mount Kinabalu
- not taking too much space or adding too much weight to your luggage
- something special (other than keychain and fridge magnet)
- decent and not overpriced
Sabah has a myriad of unique local products for shoppers who know where to look for them. The following is a list of 10 best souvenirs to buy in Sabah:
- Sabah Tea
- Tenom Coffee
- Sabah Handicraft and Artworks
- Sabah-themed Apparel and Accessories
- Local Snacks
- Stingless Bee Honey
- Dried or Salted Seafood
- Knickknacks and Others
To save some legwork and time for busy travelers, they can buy all these at popular shopping spots such as KadaiKu, KK Handicraft Market, Gaya Street Sunday Market and Tamu (open air native market). To get better deals, always practice your bargaining skill. Happy Shopping!
Read the full story at Murphy Ng's page.